Army JROTC has a long and proud tradition of service to the nation through the betterment of its youth. The curriculum supports St. John’s Northwestern Military Academy’s mission by intergrating technology, linking content to state standards, integrating reading and writing, and providing character and financial education. Army JROTC provides exceptional educational opportunities and life-long leadership and decision-making skills to America’s youth.
Army JROTC cadets set the example by being active in the community as well as school. They exemplify a tremendous work ethic and standard while serving as role models to other students.
This program combines:
- Wellness and Physical Fitness – Cadets will learn to engage in behaviors and make decisions that enhance quality of life and maximize physical potential.
- Cadet Safety and Marksmanship Training – Cadets will be trained in firearm safety to gain an understanding of proper rifle operation and different firing positions.
- Foundations for Success – Cadets will apply strategies to improve their critical thinking, study habits and communication skills while laying groundwork for a summer service learning project.
- Leadership Theory and Application – Cadets will learn different leadership styles and approaches to planning, decision-making, problem solving, negotiation and supervision.
- Geography – Using an interactive simulation program, cadets will practice land navigation skills in a virtual 3D environment to prepare for orienteering at a local state park.